Summary of Position
Serves the membership of the Greater Syracuse Association of REAL TORS@ (GSAR), and is responsible directly to the President and Board of Directors for the effective conduct of the affairs of GSAR and the Central New York Information Services, Inc (CNYIS). Recommends and participates in formation of GSAR mission, goals, objectives, and related policies. Within that framework, plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the staff specialists, programs, and activities of GSAR. Is a liaison between all standing committees and the President.
- Ensures that the Board maintains governing documents that comply with current NAR policy, including bylaws and MLS rules and regulations.
- Submits governing documents to NAR for review as required .
- Participates in association and regional caucuses.
- Provides input to association and regional officers relative to positions on State association/National association issues.
- Attends and participates in the State and National meetings whenever possible. Serves on State association committees.
- Participates in recommending members for State and National association committee appointments.
- Strives for continued professional development by taking advantage of educational opportunities offered through local organizations, and the State and National associations.
- Protects and Promotes the proper use of the REAL TOR registered trademark.
- Hires, supervises, and terminates staff when necessary.