Chief Financial Officer
Industry: Real Estate
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for managing and directing the financial activities of the company. The CFO plays a key role in shaping the financial strategy, planning, and decision-making to support the overall goals of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Develop and implement the company's financial strategy in alignment with overall business objectives.
- Provide financial insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making.
- Conduct financial analysis, forecasting, and planning to guide the organization's financial direction.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of accurate and timely financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in the ongoing strategic planning process as an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Oversee long and short-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Ensure the effective internal controls are in place to minimize financial risks and safeguard the assets and financial commitments of the company; and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Work with finance team to drive results by providing KPI reports and financial and budget performance analysis, creating tools to help streamline and improve processes, etc.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks, including market volatility and regulatory compliance, to protect the company’s assets; implement strategies to mitigate these risks.
- Evaluate potential acquisitions, partnerships, and investment opportunities, conducting due diligence and financial analysis.
- Oversee and manage financial and operational reporting, accounting operations, payroll, and cash.
- Monitor company vendor relationships; recommend opportunities for cost savings, discounts, etc.
- Optimize cash flow and liquidity to meet operational needs and strategic objectives.
- Manage financial forecasting, budgets and reporting processes of the company with the goal to build a cost efficient company, improve the profitability of the company and ensure adequate cash flow and financial stability to meet the organization's needs.
- Provide counsel to CEO on the financial implications of business activities and recommendations to enhance long and short-term financial performance.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- MBA and/or CPA required
- Strong process improvement, problem-solving, analytical and financial management skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills providing the ability to effectively translate the company's vision and strategic direction into results oriented actions.
- Strong understanding of financial management, accounting principles, and financial analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail.
Chief Executive Officer
Summary of Position
Serves the membership of the Greater Syracuse Association of REAL TORS@ (GSAR), and is responsible directly to the President and Board of Directors for the effective conduct of the affairs of GSAR and the Central New York Information Services, Inc (CNYIS). Recommends and participates in formation of GSAR mission, goals, objectives, and related policies. Within that framework, plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the staff specialists, programs, and activities of GSAR. Is a liaison between all standing committees and the President.
- Ensures that the Board maintains governing documents that comply with current NAR policy, including bylaws and MLS rules and regulations.
- Submits governing documents to NAR for review as required .
- Participates in association and regional caucuses.
- Provides input to association and regional officers relative to positions on State association/National association issues.
- Attends and participates in the State and National meetings whenever possible. Serves on State association committees.
- Participates in recommending members for State and National association committee appointments.
- Strives for continued professional development by taking advantage of educational opportunities offered through local organizations, and the State and National associations.
- Protects and Promotes the proper use of the REAL TOR registered trademark.
- Hires, supervises, and terminates staff when necessary.
Chief Executive Officer
Industry: Real Estate
Manage and direct the MLS organization in support of over 14,000 realtors. Provide overall leadership; assist the Board of Directors in creating, implementing, revising, and achieving the specific elements of the strategic plan. Maintain an effective and competent staff through training. Ensure effective communications at all levels, staff, volunteers, the Board, and membership. Ensure that the Directors have current and accurate information for their decision-making process. Ensure fast and reliable access to the data in the MLS. Provide high-quality hands-on training for members. Build alliances and partnerships with technology and other related service providers. Monitor industry trends at the local, state, and national level that may impact the MLS.
EVP Core Services/Affiliated Businesses
Industry: Real Estate
Under the supervision of the Holding Company President, manages operations of existing Affiliated Businesses and owns the startup and operations of new Affiliated Businesses. Manages the ongoing operations of each Affiliated Business and develops and implements programs to increase the use of Affiliated Businesses (escrow, mortgage, insurance, title, etc.) by Company sales associates and clients.
Creates a collaborative environment through team-building and through increased comprehension and appreciation for the importance of affiliated businesses to the financial strength of the aggregate companies and to the consumer. Builds alliances between real estate and the affiliated businesses through agent programs and client programs designed to create “customers for life” to ultimately generate repeat business for the agents. Tailors programs to meet unique regional characteristics and priorities, while at the same time, meeting overall corporate goals and objectives.
Industry: Real Estate
The Columbia Greene Board of REALTORS® (“CGBOR”) and the Columbia Greene Northern Dutchess MLS (“the MLS”), located in Hudson, New York, are searching for an Association Executive (“AE”).
The Association Executive is responsible for effective administration and management of the Columbia Greene Board of REALTORS®(Board) and Columbia Greene Northern Dutchess MLS (MLS), positioning the organization(s) based on envisioned real estate industry needs, member engagement and community outreach. They should participate in the formulation of the mission, goals and policies to achieve productive performance, a strong fiscal position, and constructive growth of the Board/MLS.
Investor Accounting Executive
- Ideally demonstrated management and development of highly educated, intelligent, energetic yet eclectic personalities.
- Self-motivated individual driven to learn and excel.
- Willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done very well.
- Someone that welcomes challenges with an innate desire to be the best in the industry at what they do
- Knowing that technology is the key to that success.
- Constant driver to process improvements and being #1
- Demonstrated success in challenging, inspiring, and mentoring their managers.
- Strong organizational skills, natural leadership qualities and good communication
- Knowledgeable with respect to FNMA, FHLMC and GNMA guidelines, including Private Investor PSA’s
- Strong familiarity with Shortage / Surplus, Test of Cash and Over/Under Collateralization
- Experienced in managing Clients and investors (GSE).
- Solid technical skills and ability to multi tasks without compromising quality
Industry: Commercial Lending
We are seeking talented Portfolio Managers across multiple commercial lending channels (Lender Finance, Sponsor Finance, Corporate Banking, Middle Markets, & CRE). Geography: Remote
Role: Primary responsibilities include underwriting, approving, monitoring, and maintaining the credit quality of a loan portfolio. Portfolio Managers maintain working relationships with the customers. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of commercial accounts – typically 15-40 relationships.
- Maintain working relationships with customers and Agent Banks.
- Prepare Approval Memos, Modifications and Portfolio Reviews (for new approvals, renewals, amendments, etc.).
- Work with the Relationship Manager to discuss appropriate credit structures using in-depth credit analysis and industry and company research while also ensuring compliance with all external and internal policies.
- Collect and track borrower financial
- Set up required reporting and covenant tracking ticklers for new customers. Ensure loans are properly booked and coded.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Head of Loan Operations
Industry: Specialty Finance
Seeking a Head of Loan Operations to oversee the loan accounting and operations functions for a large loan portfolio. This is an emerging department with a high level of visibility and importance within the organization.
Responsibilities: Evaluate current processes and implement process improvements for the Company’s loan operations function to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Manage all personnel and daily operations of the loan operations function, including loan funding, disbursements, payments, and collections. Maintain loan system and produce monthly, quarterly, and annual investment reports to support the accounting closing processes. Lead loan systems migrations and upgrade projects as needed. Ensure timely and accurate billing and collection of the company's customer base. Conduct pro-forma loan accounting analysis and provide ad hoc requests as needed. Generally support and contribute to the company's accounting function.
Industry: Real Estate
The Sales Recruiter is responsible for working with the assigned offices to recruit new and experienced Sales Associates. The position is responsible for prospecting for, securing and conducting appointments with, and guiding new leads through the process so that they ultimately convert into a Sales Associate. This position also handles all management functions related to staffing including contacting, conducting in-person interview with and without the Sales Manager, running Brand X and agent analysis, sending marketing materials, negotiating compensation packages, etc.
Director of Sales
Industry: Real Estate
A full-service brokerage company, with a record sales year of over $4 billion in gross sales volume, is seeking a Director of Sales to lead and develop a successful sales team.
Responsibilities include managing and developing an effective sales team, building relationships with Board of Realtors and agents, generating leads, maintaining relationships with the leadership team, and training, coaching, and holding direct reports accountable. The successful candidate should have excellent communication and team management skills, be able to analyze recruiting trends and gaps, and be a strategic business leader with strong decision-making skills.
Industry: Real Estate – Student Housing
Reporting to the CFO, this position is responsible for overseeing asset/property level accounting and financial reporting functions for the real estate assets within the assigned portfolios, including supervision and leadership of staff. They will supervise all financial reporting functions, including the monthly general ledger close, account reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and financial forecasting for assigned portfolios, to ensure timely and accurate delivery of period end results.
Director of Construction Management
Industry: Real Estate Investment
Our client is seeking a Director of Construction Management to support their growing product suite and origination volume. The Director of Construction Management has oversight of development, management, and operation of the construction risk management program. This individual will provide support to personnel on construction risk management SOPs, guidelines, and procedures.
Industry: Real Estate Development
Our client is looking for a Development Accountant who has 5 years of accounting experience preferable within the real estate, construction or development industry. The successful candidate will review books monthly for closing by reviewing the Job Cost, General Ledgers and the Financial Statements and prepare and present project reports and cashflows at department meetings.
Construction Accounting Manager
Industry: Real Estate - Industrial
Our client is seeking a Construction Accounting Manager to support their company in carrying out the responsibilities of the Construction Accounting group. Successful candidate will work to prepare analyze, and review construction draws (typically standard AIA format), and work with construction Project Managers and administrators to appropriately capture, record, and present construction activity. We are seeking a candidate with 7-10 years of experience with construction cost accounting.
Industry: Residential Real Estate Brokerage
Reporting to the Chief Broker Officer, the Managing Broker plays a key role in supporting all partner agents through education and support on implementing strategies, goals and objectives to achieve the organizations overall corporate vision but more specifically the Brokerage vision, agent services, transaction management and compliance. The Managing Broker provides leadership to agents, responds to agent questions, and on occasion responds to file review questions from the internal Audit team. The Managing Broker is the first point of contact for agents with general transaction questions, forms questions and general inquiries requiring broker support.
We’re in the Habit of Building Companies.
Let Us Show You How We’ve Placed Over 12,000 Leaders (and counting).
Let CMA place the best and brightest leader with your organization – for winning results.